Dipolog City is a 2nd class city in the province of Zamboanga del Norte, Philippines. It is the capital city of Zamboanga del Norte. According to the 2000 census, it has a population of 99,862 people in 20,461 households. It has an area of 137 km² and is surrounded by tall hills to the south and the Pacific Ocean in the north. The area code is 065 and the zip code is 7100.
Dipolog is known for its wild orchids and also its sardines industry stemming from a rich fishing area off its shores. It is nicknamed the "Orchid City of the South".
Recently a boulevard was built on the north shore and is popular at nights as a gathering spot for youths and young families.
Dipolog City is politically subdivided into 21 barangays.
- DXHE 882 kHz (Pacific Broadcasting Systems)
- DXDR-AM 981 kHz (Radio Mindanao Network)
- DXKD 1053 kHz (Radio Philippines Network)
- DXFL 88.9 FM (First Love Broadcasting Network)
- DXIE 90.3 FM (Mareco Broadcasting Network)
- DXAA 92.5 FM (Andres Bonifacio College)
- DXFB 93.3 FM (Consolidated Broadcasting System)
- DXZZ 94.1 FM (Radio Mindanao Network)
- DXBF 98.1 FM (Quest Broadcasting, Inc.) (Soon to Air)
- DXBA 98.9 FM (Cebu Broadcasting Company)
- DXHD 100.5 FM (Pacific Broadcasting System)
- DXJP 101.3 FM (Soon on July 31 2016) (Audiovisual Communicators Inc.)
Tourism and Souvenir Shops
- DIPOLOG S AND J HANDICRAFT (formerly boholana)- Located at Gen Luna St. Cor Magsaysay Dipolog City, they sell Souvenir products and remembrance products.Tourist are welcome to visit or to watch the shop's products.And the store is own by Elsa Leones.
cbk-zam:Ciudad de Dipolog es:Dipolog ja:ディポログ nl:Dipolog City war:Syudad han Dipolog