Dekada '70 (film)
| Dekada '70 (2002)|
|Directed by||Chito S. Roño|
|Produced by||Charo Santos-Concio|
|Written by||Lualhati Bautista|
|Starring|| Vilma Santos |
Christopher de Leon
Tirso Cruz III
John Wayne Sace
Marianne de la Riva
Manjo del Mundo
- For the article about the book, see Dekada '70
Dekada '70 is a 2002 Filipino film directd by Chito S. Roño starring Filipino actors Vilma Santos, Christopher de Leon, Piolo Pascual, Marvin Agustin, Kris Aquino, Ana Capri, Dimples Romana, Jhong Hilario, Carlos Agassi, Danilo Barrios, Carlo Muñoz, Tirso Cruz III, Orestes Ojeda, John Wayne Sace, Marianne de la Riva, Manjo del Mundo, and Cacai Bautista.
The film is an adaptation of Lualhati Bautista's prize-winning novel, Dekada '70 which chronicles a middle-class Filipino family who, over the space of a decade, become aware of the political policies that have ultimately led to repression and a state of martial law. Vilma Santos stars as Amanda, who realizes the implications of living within a dictatorship after sorting out the contradictory reactions of her husband and five sons. Julian, her husband, supports his eldest son's efforts to rail against the government while simultaneously refusing to condone Amanda's wish to find a job. Her third son (Marvin Augustin) writes illegal political exposes. The fourth (Danilo Barrios) fell victim to a corrupt police department, and her youngest (John W. Sace) is still a boy.
Dekada ‘70 received 11 awards and 12 nominations. It was the Philippines’ official entry to the 76th Annual Academy Awards for the Foreign Language Film category.
- Vilma Santos - Amanda Bartolome
- Christopher de Leon - Julian Bartolome
- Piolo Pascual - Jules Bartolome
- Marvin Agustin - Emmanuel Bartolome
- Kris Aquino - Student Leader
- Ana Capri - Mara
- Dimples Romana - Evelyn
- Jhong Hilario - Willy
- Carlos Agassi - Isagani Bartolome
- Danilo Barrios - Jason Bartolome
- Carlo Muñoz - Rene
- Tirso Cruz III - Evelyn's Father
- Orestes Ojeda - Dr. Rodrigo
- John Wayne Sace - Bingo Bartolome
- Marianne de la Riva - Evelyn's Mother
- Manjo del Mundo - policeman
- Cacai Bautista - rallyist
- 2002 Metro Manila Film Festival
- 2nd Best Picture
- Best Festival Supporting Actor - Piolo Pascual
- Cinemanila International Film Festival
- Best Actress - Vilma Santos
- Netpac Award, Special Mention/Special Jury Prize Award - Chito S. Roño (Network for the Promotions of Asian Cinema)
- FAMAS Award
- Best Supporting Actor - Piolo Pascual
- FAP Awards, Philippines
- Best Actress - Vilma Santos
Special Jury Prize Award for the Network for the Promotions of Asian Cinema (NETPAC)
- Nora Aunor was originally offered the leading role
- The production of Dekada '70 was started as early 2001, but it was shelved for unstated reasons. It was revived in 2002 when it passed as one of Metro Manila Film Festival entries.
- ^ Dekada '70 Full Credits Internet Movie Database Retrieved 5 December, 2006.
- ^ Awards for Dekada '70 Internet Movie Database Retrieved 8 December, 2006.
- ^ International Film Festivals ABS-CBN Retrieved 8 December, 2006.
- ^ a b Award-winning movies Regal Films Retrieved 30 January 2007.
- ^ a b Dekada '70 Trivia Internet Movie Database Retrieved 9 December, 2006.
- Dekada '70: A Book Review
- Movie Review: Dekada '70
- Film Review Dekada '70
- Movie Review: Dekada '70 cbcpworld.com
-  New York Times
- The Philippine's Submission for Best Foreign Language Film (Academy Award)
- Dekada ‘70 at the New Cinema of the World Section of the Cannes Film Festival
- ‘Bagong Buwan,’ ’Dekada ’70’ invited to Brussels Film Fest
- Star Cinema International Film Festivals
- Dekada '70
- Dekada 70 atBookfinder.com