Commission on Liturgy
Commission on Liturgy was established three decades ago. It has been implementing provisions of the Constitution on Sacred Liturgy declared on December 3, 1963. There are some areas wherein the commission has been involved and has given services.
Areas Commission on Liturgy has been involved
- prepared the clergy and laity in participating in the Sacred Liturgy.
- provided direction in dealing with changes envisioned by the Second Vatican Council regarding Liturgy.
- given support for the translation of liturgical books in Philippine dialects.
- explored places for the possibilities of cultural adaptations of the Sacred Liturgy involving minority groups.
- updated clergy and key leaders in many regions and dioceses on the Sacred Liturgy.
- yielded requests in preparation of the materials needed for many celebrations on national and diocesan levels.
- served as coordinating body for negotiations involving Liturgy.
- organized meetings with the officials of the commissions on Sacred Liturgy in addressing needs and concerns.
- "Commission on Liturgy. "cbcponline, http://www.cbcponline.net/commissions/liturgy.html (accessed on August 7, 2007).