Chinese General Hospital College of Nursing and Liberal Arts

From Wikipilipinas: The Hip 'n Free Philippine Encyclopedia
Jump to: navigation, search

The Chinese General Hospital College of Nursing and Liberal Arts (CGHCNLA), which is owned and managed by the Philippine Chinese Charitable Association (PCCA), was established in 1921 as the Chinese General Hospital School of Nursing (CGHSN). The idea was conceived by Dr. Jose Tee Han Kee, who was then the Director of the Chinese General Hospital. With him were three physicians who organized the training school. The Sisters of the Immaculate Conception based in Hong Kong and Canton, China were requested by Dr. Tee Han Kee to help in starting the school. The first batch of five sisters arrived in August 1921. Mrs. Praxedes Co Tui, a registered nurse from the Philippine General Hospital was appointed as Chief Nurse and Principal of the School of Nursing.

Flag of the Philippines.png This Philippine-related article is a stub. You can help WikiPilipinas by expanding it.
Template:Clarify


Original Source

Original content from Wikipedia under GNU Free Documentation License. See full disclaimer.