Champorado or Tsampurado, or chocolate rice pudding is a sweet chocolate rice porridge that is a favorite Filipino dish usually served for breakfast. It is made of sticky rice or malagkit and cocoa powder that gives it the brown color, it is served with milk and sugar.
- 1 cup of glutinous rice or malagkit
- 2 and a half cups of water
- half cup of unsweetened cocoa
- half cup of sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- milk (either condensed or evaporated)
First cook the rice in a sauce pan with 2 and a half cups of water. Continuously stir until the rice is ready, then add the cocoa, sugar and vanilla. Serve swirls of milk on top.
- Champorado @ cdkitchen (Accessed on May 22, 2008)
- Champorado (Accessed on May 22, 2008)
- Champorado @ recipezaar (Accessed on May 22, 2008)