|Region||Ilocos Region (Region I)|
|Mayor||Allen G. Singson (LP)|
|Area|| 103.28 km²|
|Total (2000)|| 50,564|
This once small resort town is known for making the heaviest and largest calamay, a sweet and sticky snack made from coconut milk and sugar, in the world. This City has also a rich historical background. In its legends, the name of the city is derived from the legendary "kandong" tree which is now but extinct in the area. It's patron saint is St. John of Sahagun.
Candon City is politically subdivided into 42 barangays.
- Official Website of Candon City, Ilocos Sur
- Candon City Online Community
- Filipino Community
- Philippine Standard Geographic Code
- Candon Ilocos sur photo gallery
- 2000 Philippine Census Information
- Philippines Business Directory
- Pasyalang Ilocos Sur