Battle of Manila
The first battle was fought between the British and the Spanish, with the British taking control of Manila for a couple of years. The second battle was during the Spanish-American War in 1898 in which the city, held by the Spanish, surrendered to U.S. forces. The third battle followed only months later in 1899 during the Philippine-American War when Filipino revolutionaries tried to take the city now held by the U.S. army.
- Battle of Manila (1762) - A British victory in the Seven Years' War
- Battle of Manila (1898) - U.S. troops capture city from the Spanish during the Spanish-American War
- Battle of Manila (1899) - Filipino revolutionaries attempt to take the city from U.S. troops during the Philippine-American War
- Battle for the Liberation of Manila (1945) - American forces battled to take the city from the Japanese army.
- Battle of Manila Bay - a list of naval engagements
Original content fromWikipedia under [http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Text_of_the_GNU_Free_Documentation_License GNU Free Documentation License]. See full [http://wikimediafoundation.org/wiki/Wikimedia:General_disclaimer disclaimer]