- This article deals with the land claimed by the Moro people. For the region controlled by them, see : Autonomous Region in Muslim Mindanao.
Bangsamoro is the name for the "homeland" of the Moro.
Bangsamoro covers the provinces of Basilan, Cotabato, Davao del Sur, Lanao del Norte, Lanao del Sur, Maguindanao, Palawan, Sarangani, South Cotabato, Sultan Kudarat, Sulu, Tawi-Tawi, Zamboanga del Sur, Zamboanga del Norte, and Zamboanga Sibugay; and the cities of Cotabato, General Santos, Iligan, Marawi, Pagadian, Puerto Princesa, and Zamboanga.
Bangsamoro was originally home to the Muslim sultanates of Mindanao (such as Maguindanao and Sulu). These sultantes resisted Spanish colonial rule, and were therefore not fully integrated with the rest of the islands.
Two decades after the Philippines reclaimed its independence from the U.S., the area was claimed by the Moro National Liberation Front, who intended it to become the "Moro homeland" separate from the Republic of the Philippines. However, claims were suspended due to a peace agreement in 1996. Currently, the Moro Islamic Liberation Front (MILF) seeks to establish an independent Islamic state in this area.
In 1990, the Autonomous Region in Muslim Mindanao was created to act as a homeland for Moros. However, only the provinces within the Sulu Archipelago (excluding the city of Isabela) and the provinces of Lanao del Sur and Maguindanao (excluding Cotabato) are currently included.
- http://www.bangsamoro.com ::a new medium for the modern moro::
- http://www.bangsamoro.info The Bangsamoro Online - The History and Struggle of the Bangsamoro People!
- http://www.luwaran.com The Moro Islamic Liberation Front Website
- http://www.joomlamoro.com Joomla! Bangsamoro Translation Project
- http://www.morofocus.com The Bangsamoro Documentation Project
- http://blog.wyzemoro.com Moslemen M. Macarambon Jr. Blog - a Moro confessions, rants, reviews and reflections
- Isulong SEOPH entry by a Proud Moro - Moslemen M. Macarambon Jr. writes about his thought and experiences on search engines optimization on the keyword: "Moro" and "Bangsamoro"
- http://www.amirbutler.com/archives/2002/11/11/22 Amir Butler: The Moro Struggle for Independence
- Young Moro Professionals Network, Inc. (YMPN)
- Bangsamoro Successors Generation Network (BSGN)
- Western Mindanao Overseas Workers Ass'N (WEMOWA)