Anvil Publishing, Inc.
Anvil Publishing, Inc. is the largest and most progressive tradebook publisher in the Philippines. It started as a book publishing division of National Bookstore, the largest bookstore chain in the country. Since then, it has been run by publishing manager Karina A. Bolasco. To date, it has published more than 5,000 titles and Ms. Bolasco herself has been cited seven times by the Manila Critics Circle as Publisher of the Year for 1990, 1991, 1995, 1998, 1999, 2000, and 2005.
Recently, Anvil added children's books to its line-up. It started with Lola Basyang, a ten-book series of children's picture books featuring the stories of Severino Reyes who wrote under the pen name Lola Basyang. The stories are all retold by Christine Bellen and illustrated by various Filipino artists.
Titles (partial list)
- A Question of Heroes, by Nick Joaquin
- Ang Alamat ng Lamok (Lola Basyang), retold by Christine Bellen
- Ang Hayop na Ito, by Virgilio Almario
- Ang Parusa ng Duwende (Lola Basyang), retold by Christine Bellen
- Banyaga (A Song of War), by Charlson Ong
- Beyond the Classroom (Essay on Living), by Asuncion David Maramba
- Binibining Tumalo Sa Mahal Na Hari (Lola Basyang), retold by Christine Bellen
- Culture and History, by Nick Joaquin
- El Filibusterismo, by Virgilio Almario (translator)
- Father and Daughter (The Figures Of Our Speech), by Gemino H. Abad and Cyan R. Abad
- Killing Time In A Warm Place, by Jose Y. Dalisay, Jr.
- Noli Me Tangere, by Virgilio Almario (translator)
- Rosamistica (Lola Basyang), retold by Christine Bellen
- The Lavas (A Filipino Family), by Jose Y. Dalisay, Jr.
- The Word on Paradise, by Alfred A. Yuson
- Voyeurs and Savages, by Alfred A. Yuson