2015 WikiPinoy of the Year: The Nominees
For the past eight years, WikiPilipinas.org, the Philippines' premier online encyclopedia, has been awarding the WikiPinoy of the Year title to the person or group of people who has empowered the public by providing open information and in-depth insights into the more significant issues affecting the country today.
A WikiPinoy does more than information and knowledge sharing. A WikiPinoy's output is research-driven, meaning, he or she does not just present the facts as is, but probes beneath the surface of each story and inspires people to be knowledge sharers as well. For a WikiPinoy, knowledge sharing goes beyond the comfortable seat of his or her office desk—he or she is proactive.The WikiPinoy of the Year nominees were chosen by the editorial board and staff of WikiPilipinas.
From 28 December 2015 to 28 January 2016, WikiPilipinas readers can vote for one of nominees for the 2015 WikiPinoy of the Year by answering an online poll question. The WikiPinoy of the Year will win based on:
- 50% votes from the in-house Editorial team
- 50% online poll
The nominees for the 2015 WikiPinoy of the Year are:
- Aisa Mijeno: A Filipino engineer and a faculty member of Engineering at De La Salle University-Lipa. She is the co-founder and chief executive officer of Sustainable Alternative Lighting (SALt).
- Lourd de Veyra: The lead vocalist of the Filipino jazz rock indie band Radioactive Sago Project, as well as the poet behind the irreverent and controversial lyrics of the band’s original compositions. De Veyra is also a journalist, broadcaster, and activist, notable for being the host and writer of Word of the Lourd and other programs on TV5. He is also a weatherman and broadcaster for TV5's Aksyon and AksyonTV.
- Lumad: Lumad, a Cebuano term meaning “native”, “indigenous”, or “born of the Earth,” being used to denote a group of indigenous peoples of the southern Philippines.
- Naprey Almario: A staunch advocate for Persons with Disabilities (PWDs). He is also known as the dancing and “strong-wheeled” 2011 Pinoy Big Brother (PBB) housemate.