10 Celebrity hook-ups and breakups of 2016
Celebrity hook-ups and breakups are always interesting to know. In the advent of social networking sites, one may see who’s together, who’s not, and who’s just dating for quite some time. As they say, show business brings a lot of pressure to celebrities thus some couples who are once happy together may go on their separate ways. Their stories becoming an interesting gossip to talk about. Stories about new relationships and break-ups remind people that celebrities are real people too who have feelings and emotions just like anyone. The following is a list of the Top Celebrity Break-ups and Hook-ups of 2016:
Luis Manzano and Angel Locsin
Reports about the breakup of Manzano and Locsin came out in February 2016. It was their second break-up. The first was a few years ago. Luis was then linked to Jennylyn Mercado and Angel to Phil Younghusband. After splitting up with their new short-lived loves, Luis and Angel got back together again.
Angel seemed to insinuate that there was a third party identified in unverified/unconfirmed reports as Jessy Mendiola. Luis denied it but later admitted that they are dating. Angel, on the other hand, spends her time with her family and in discovering more of herself.
John Lloyd Cruz and Angelica Panganiban
After more than three years as a couple, the two have parted ways. Angelica then started to deliver “hugot” lines which made her known as the “Hugot Queen” among netizens. The two are said to still remain as friends.
Timothy Tan and Sunshine Dizon
After six years, Timothy and Sunshine's marriage has come to an end with accusation on Timothy having an extramarital affair. Timothy said that they both concluded that an annulment is warranted. Sunshine, however, said that she will not settle for an annulment but will rather pursue charges in court.
Jojo Oconer and Ciara Sotto
In January 2016, Ciara announced on Instagram that she has decided to leave her husband and go back to the house of her parents. She did not reveal the exact reason for her split with Oconer, but she hinted that a third party might be involved.
Sotto and Oconer were married in 2010. Ciara gave birth to their first child, Vincezo Xose, in 2015.
Zanjoe Marudo and Bea Alonzo
Zanjoe admitted he and Bea have broken up. Rumors of the two breaking up came in early January 2016, when they went to trips abroad separately. Zanjoe went on a vacation in Europe while Bea went to Japan.
They became an item in October 2011. In 2015, the two admitted that they are having problems in their relationship but both said that they are working it out. Zanjoe said that he looks forward to new opportunities in career, personal life, and family.
Alden Richards and Maine “Yaya Dub” Mendoza got married after a year of challenges and hardships. They shared their vows before friends and family on October 22, 2016 at Christ the King Church in Quezon City. Sponsors included Helen Gamboa-Sotto, Mike Enriquez, Joey de Leon, and Irma Adlawan. Rodjun Cruz was Alden's best man, while Nicoleen Mendoza, Maine's sister, was the maid of honor. Yaya Dub's father Dodong (Vic Sotto) walked her down the aisle along with the lolas – Nidora (Wally Bayola), Tidora (Paolo Ballesteros), and Tinidora (Jose Manalo).
A few months after the couple were paired, they personally met in September 2015. Yaya Dub was allowed to speak and their interaction was no longer limited to split screen and lip-syncing. The couple became official on October 24. It is said that the couple is soon to have a baby.
Aljur Abrenica and Kylie Padilla
The two Kapuso stars who were together for almost three years broke up in 2014 because of a mere rumor – a third party. However, they remained on good terms. After more than two years, the two were reported to have rekindled romantic ties in September 2016. They shared snippets of their Japan trip and were vocal about how they score in each other's lives.
Gerald Anderson and Bea Alonzo
Anderson and Alonzo have become friends again since they were estranged for six years following their separation in 2010. Weeks after the showing of their movie “How To Be Yours”, they admitted that they are still seeing each other. In an interview with ABS-CBN, Alonzo said that they are going out and that they are just going with the flow on where their rekindled friendship would take them. She also promised to share the news once they are officially together again.
Dennis Trillo and Jennylyn Mercado
In the March 2016 issue of Yes! magazine, Jennylyn admitted that she and Dennis were “exclusively dating.” They were together for a year before deciding to call it quits in 2011. According to Dennis, what happened in their past taught them many things about being in a relationship. He added that they are now more mature and it helps that they know each other better now. Love is indeed sweeter the second time around!
Luis Manzano and Jessy Mendiola
Although he refused to give further details about his personal life, Luis Manzano admitted that he and the actress are dating. Mendiola earlier went on the record to say that they are not hiding anything and that Manzano stands a chance with her.
Both are single – Luis broke up with Angel Locsin and Jessy has since called it quits with JM de Guzman. Jessy posted a photo of Luis on her Instagram account after admitting that they're dating. They also attended the 10th Star Magic Ball together.
- “IN PHOTOS: AlDub weds! Yaya Dub and Alden's kalyeserye wedding”.Rappler.(Accessed on 16 November 2016).
- Kristine Daguno-Bersamina and Rosette Adel,“Alden, Maine take forever in almost real church wedding”.The Philippine Star.(Accessed on 16 November 2016).
- “Insta Scoop: AlDub Couple Soon to Have Baby”.FashionPulis.(Accessed on 16 November 2016).
- Mary Louise Ligunas.“Aljur Abrenica and Kylie Padilla post photos of each other”.GMA Entertainment.(Accessed on 16 November 2016).
- Meryl Ligunas.“Kylie Padilla opens up about breakup with Aljur Abrenica”.GMA News Online.(Accessed on 16 November 2016).
- “Aljur Abrenica confirms he and Kylie Padilla are back together”.Rappler.(Accessed on 16 November 2016).
- Arniel Serato.“PEP EXCLUSIVE. Aljur Abrenica confirms rekindled relationship with Kylie Padilla”.Philippine Entertainment Portal.(Accessed on 16 November 2016).
- Shiela Reyes.“Bea admits going out with ex-BF Gerald”.ABSCBN News.(Accessed on 16 November 2016).
- “What if Bea, Gerald get back together? Zanjoe reacts”.ABSCBN News.(Accessed on 16 November 2016).
- Precious Del Valle.“Dennis Trillo on relationship with Jennylyn Mercado”.Rappler.(Accessed on 16 November 2016).
- Reyma Buan-Deveza.“WATCH: Luis finally opens up about Jessy”.ABSCBN News.(Accessed on 17 November 2016).
- “Luis & Jessy: They are on!”.The Philippine Star.(Accessed on 17 November 2016).
- “How sweet! Jessy Mendiola posts photo of Luis Manzano hugging her on IG”.Coconuts Manila.(Accessed on 17 November 2016).
- Joyce Jimenez.“Angel Locsin more mature after breakup with Luis Manzano”.The Philippine Star.(Accessed on 17 November 2016).
- Ricky Lo.“Jessy has nothing to do with Luis-Angel break-up”.The Philippine Star.(Accessed on 17 November 2016).
- FM Ganal.“John Lloyd Cruz and Angelica Panganiban called it quits, says source”.Philippine Entertainment Portal.(Accessed on 17 November 2016).
- “John Lloyd-Angelica split: What went wrong?”.ABSCBN News.(Accessed on 17 November 2016).
- “Angelica Panganiban delivers ‘hugot' lines amid breakup rumors”.The Philippine Star.(Accessed on 17 November 2016).
- Cherry Sun.“MUST READ: Sunshine Dizon's husband releases official statement via '24 Oras'”.GMA Entertainment.(Accessed on 17 November 2016).
- “Valeen breaks silence on split of Ciara Sotto, husband”.ABSCBN News.(Accessed on 17 November 2016).
- “Did husband cheat on Ciara Sotto with Valeen?”.ABSCBN News.(Accessed on 17 November 2016).
- Joyce Jimenez.“Ciara Sotto admits having marital problems”.The Philippine Star.(Accessed on 17 November 2016).
- Chuck Smith.“Zanjoe Marudo admits breakup with Bea Alonzo”.The Philippine Star.(Accessed on 17 November 2016).